Thursday, January 9, 2014

90 days to Georgia

Officially have bought my ticket home! My visa is up in Thailand as of march 28, and I have seven days after that to leave the country. So I'm officially flying out of Bangkok on April 2. 
Our last week with the students is either the last week of February or the first week of March (as always, we are getting conflicting reports). Armed with that knowledge, I arranged for my friend Deanne to come visit me at the end of my stay in Thailand. My last day at Chakkham Khanathon school will be March 14 (there's grading and other preparations after finals), and I'll be meeting Deanne in Chiang Mai on March 15. We don't really have a bunch of plans set yet, but there are a couple of places I've wanted to see. We'll spend a couple of days in Chiang Mai, and then hopefully we'll be going to Sukothai (cool ruins), Ayutthaya (more cool ruins), Kanchanaburi (neat scenery), and finally we'll spend a couple of days in Bangkok before we fly out. 
Thankfully I was able to arrange my trip home with a stop in Osaka for a couple of days. I'll land there early on the morning of April 3, and fly out mid afternoon on April 6. I'll land in Georgia early April 7. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment